To submit your original poem, please read the Poem Submission Guidelines and complete the form below.
Please note that due to time constraints, I’m unable to e-mail you personally regarding your submission. I review all poems submitted and publish them within a week if they are a fit for the site. Please keep checking back on the site to see if your poem has been published; if it doesn’t appear on the site within a week it probably wasn’t quite a fit but you’re welcome to submit other poems.
If you have any questions or comments about your submission please feel free to contact me via the submission form below or the email address on the Contact page. Cheers, Guy.
POEM SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Before You Submit:
- The focus of this website is on original, thoughtful, sophisticated, mature, urbane, nuanced poetry that possesses depth and refinement. Please review the website to get an idea of the kind of poetry published.
- I publish poems based on whether they fit the style, tone and vision of the website.
- This is a secular website, please no religious poems.
- Please avoid profanity or explicit sexual content.
- Please avoid gratuitous drug references or material about illegal, offensive or defamatory conduct or activity.
- Include your full name (or pen name) and poem title with your submission, they will both appear in the blog post title.
- Please submit only original poems that are created by and belong to you.
- Please proofread your work for grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. Poems with grammatical errors may be rejected, revised, or returned to the author for revision.
- If you’d like a link to your poetry-related website following your poem, please include your linking information.
- You’re welcome to send a bio and picture to be included on the website.
- Any poem you submit remains your property and you agree to allow Poems and Poetry to publish it on this website and use it for promotional purposes online.
- Not all poems may be published. Please keep checking back on the website to see if your poem has been posted.
- I reserve the right to remove poems after publication. If you wish to edit or remove your poem please contact me.
- Please read the Terms and Privacy pages for additional policies and information.
- By submitting a poem you agree to abide by all terms and policies.
After You Submit:
- Once your poem is published, please consider sharing it and mentioning this website on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.) or via email. The more you share, the more people will read your amazing work.
- Feel free to invite other thoughtful poets to submit their poems for publication.
- You’re welcome to link to this website from yours and I’m happy to link with other poetry websites.
- You’re cordially invited to subscribe to this site to receive weekly updates of published poems.